Aug 5, 2010

LOST IN ICELAND

Day 1 and day 2 in Bifröst, northeast of Reykjavik.
When I came to Reykjavik, the ride was waiting for me and took me directly through an amazing landscape til I reached Bifröst, surrounded by lava.
Lava lava lava 'em..
Lava of Bifröst


Surrounding of Bifröst

More Bifröst lava just outside student campus.
Short hiking to the hills of Grábrók on the backside of campus.
Should I continue or go back?
Lunch stop with dried fish will give me energy to continue
 So, let's go!
Sweet, I found wild blueberries on my way...
Luring flowers blowing in the wind next to the path.
Wild flowers?
Trucks are big this year
one of several stones on the way
unfortuntely don't have time to climb everywhere
I don't get enough of this landscape
my eyes were so thirsty for this beauty

7 comments:

John J. Franks IV said...

Absolutely Stunning! The beauty you are fortunate to experience is astounding!

I hope someday, I can go there and see for myself this vast unadulterated vast amount of beauty!

Thank You for sharing these awesome sights!

-John

John J. Franks IV said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katarina said...

Thank you for stopping by again! It is indeed very beautiful =) definitely recommend going

John J Franks IV said...

Was starting to become concerned about you. It had been so long since you posted.

I am glad you are doing well and enjoying Iceland!

Katarina said...

Oh thank you, that was sweet =) Yeah i had unfortunately a rough week before Iceland and then one week of vacation there. It does feel strange to be away from the blog two weeks....

John J. Franks IV said...

So, I can assume you are back in Sweden?

I thought you may still be in Iceland...

-John

John J. Franks IV said...

Btw: The "wild flowers" you found appear to be POPPIES!

Can you say Heroin? Morphine?

Could not resist =)

They do look like Poppy flowers, seriously.

-John